Great Summer Tailgating Recipes for Baseball Season
It’s summertime here in Georgia and people all across the state have been enjoying their favorite outdoor hobbies. By far one of the most popular summertime pastimes here in Georgia is taking in a local baseball game. As we all know, a baseball game isn’t complete without tailgating before hand to eat tasty food and have a few drinks. Therefore, we have decided to dedicate this article to highlighting some great summer tailgating recipes for baseball season, continue reading to learn more.
One of our favorite game day favorites for tailgating are juicy and spicy Jalapeno Poppers. This bite size finger food is extremely easy to make and is always a fan favorite. Check out the recipe below to learn how to make them.
- 10 Fresh Jalapeno Peppers
- 8 Ounces of Cream Cheese
- 1 Pound of Bacon
- 20 Toothpicks
- Cut the jalapeno peppers in half and remove the seeds
- Roast the peppers on a hot grill until the skins start to turn dark
- Slice the bacon strips in half
- Fill the jalapeno pepper halves with cream cheese
- Wrap the halves with bacon and secure to a toothpick
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Wisconsin Beer Brats
Beer brats are probably the most famous ballpark tailgating recipe in Wisconsin and with good reason. Therefore, we thought it would be a great idea to bring this recipe to Georgia. Follow the directions below to give this amazing Wisconsin recipe a try.
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, Sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 1 Pinch Caraway Seed Pepper
- 6 Whole Bratwursts
- 2 Tall Can of Beer
- 6 Ounces of Sauerkraut
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven saute onions till tender (5 minutes)
- Add sugar, caraway seeds, and pepper stir in and place brats on top
- Cover the brats with beer (drink the remaining)
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until brats are cooked
- Remove brats and add kraut and stir
- Place brats on medium high grill and cook brats until golden brown and return to beer/kraut mixture until ready to serve
- Serve brats on fresh baked brat buns with sauerkraut & onions
All of us here at Gil’s Auto Sales hope that you try these great tailgating recipes the next time you visit a local ballpark!